TSL recognises that our commercial activities have potential to impact on our suppliers. As a socially responsible business our suppliers, local community and customers have a right to expect:
- All workers involved in the delivery of services provided by TSL are treated with full consideration to their basic human rights.
- TSL acts in a ethical manner above and beyond basic legal requirements.
- TS is committed to implementing the principles of the Ethical Trading Initiatives Base Code.
TSL will also respect local government arrangements, particularly in those areas where there are variations by region.
Code of Practice
This Code of Practice applies to:
- Staff directly employed by TSL on temporary or permanent contracts.
- Staff employed or provided by contractors or employment agencies to work on TSL’s premises or to undertake work for or on behalf of TSL.
TSL’s policy is based upon the Ethical Trading Initiatives base code, namely:
- Employment is freely chosen
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected.
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic.
- Child labour is not used.
- Living wages are paid.
- Working hours are not excessive.
- No discrimination is practised.
- Regular employment is provided.
- No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed.
TSL will use suppliers questionnaires, audits and visits to suppliers to assess and monitor compliance with the code and promote its full implement.